Visit our Re-post guidelines
Believe it or not, ninety percent of all cancer fatalities result from metastasis. As you may know, metastasis is what happens when cancer spreads to a different part of the body from where it started.
Yet, conventional cancer treatments do nothing to stop cancer from spreading and preventing the invasion of cancer cells into other organs and tissues. Thankfully, ignored and often overlooked research demonstrates that a simple combination of very specific nutrients stops the spread of cancer cells in its tracks: through connective tissue, the means by which metastasis occurs.
As I discuss in my new book, "I Used to Have Cancer", when I faced my own terminal diagnosis of stage IV melanoma over thirty years ago, I learned of the valuable work by two-time Nobel laureate, Dr. Linus Pauling. He and his staff worked with patients like me, those of us who medical doctors had all but given up on. Their remarkable success rate in stopping cancers from metastasizing was inspiring. Pauling and Matthias Rath, MD, later completed a 15-year study in which they demonstrated that cancer is a collagen disease that is lethal when it metastasizes to the different tissues through the collagen matrix.
Gram-for-gram, some types of collagen fibrils are stronger than steel. Even so, there are enzymes in cancer cells that can eat through your body's collagen. Lysine, for example, destroys the collagen-eating enzymes contained in cancer cells. High amounts of vitamin C strengthens the collagen so the cancer can't penetrate and spread.
Modern researchers have continued to look further into the collagen connection to cancer and found that while healthy collagen halts the spread of cancer, weak collagen actually works with the cancer and encourages its spread.
A study published in Tumour Biology demonstrated that collagen is a double-edged sword. It can be recruited to work for the "dark side" of cancer, triggering a cascade of biological events that can lead to cancer growth. But you can protect your collagen by taking some simple steps.
CANCER-PROOF YOUR COLLAGEN
Collagen is composed of several key nutrients that are only available through diet - your body can't manufacture them. The three main building blocks of collagen are: vitamin C, and the amino acids lysine and proline. Deficiency in any of these three key nutrients leads to a collagen deficiency and opens the door to cancer, heart disease, and so much more.
Once I gained a clear understanding of Pauling's and Rath's research that collagen was key to overcoming the cancer I was fighting, I added their protocol to my arsenal of anti-cancer tools and the results were immediate. I have kept it up ever since. Decades later I had what I thought was a symptom of heart disease (it turned out to be a toxic mold exposure). I flew to New York to see one of the best cardiologists at that time. Testing showed that my arteries were as youthful as a baby's - zero percent plaque - which is also consistent with Pauling's and Rath's research that showed cardiovascular disease is actually arterial scurvy - a simple deficiency of vitamin C that weakens the collagen in the blood vessels.
Research shows that it is more effective to supplement with the nutrients your body uses to make the types of collagen it needs and to eliminate those habits that help to deplete vitamin C and weaken the collagen matrix. Here's what I did to strengthen my collagen:
• Boost Collagen with Key Supporting Nutrients. The original formula from Pauling and Rath includes high dose vitamin C in combination with l-lysine, l-proline, EGCG (a green tea antioxidant extract), and quercetin (works synergistically with EGCG). This nutrient synergy blocks several cancer types from invading the collagen layers, including melanoma, cervical, ovarian, breast, prostate, testes, lung, kidney, pancreas, colon, bladder, osteosarcoma, fibrosarcoma, and synovial sarcoma.
• Eliminate Sugar and Choose Low Glycemic Carbs. Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) are formed when sugars in the blood first attach to proteins, then target collagen, making the collagen brittle and weak. A diet high in sugar speeds up this process even more. A low-carb diet, with only a minimal amount of fruit, helps to halt the formation of AGEs.
• Supplement with Niacin (Vitamin B3). Niacin promotes healthy collagen production and also decreases protein glycation, which is the process that forms AGEs from a high sugar diet. Niacin also protects the skin and promotes cardiovascular health.
• Supplement with L-Arginine. This amino acid is essential for collagen and elastin production.
In my journey back to health from a stage IV melanoma diagnosis, I was privileged to meet some of the best teachers and healers on the planet. For more information about all of the buried secrets I uncovered in my journey back to health, I invite you to check out my new book: I Used to Have Cancer.
My hope is that it will inspire anyone (or their caregivers) coping with this dreaded disease. I share in detail the information I was given and what I did to regain my health - everything from the diet that healed me to the everyday, easy-to-implement practices that I still maintain today, more than thirty years after I was told by the conventional medical establishment that there was no hope.
Some of the Shocking Life-Saving Information I Uncovered:
• The hidden common cause underlying nearly all cancers and what to do about it
• The six most important things to protect against cancer metastasizing
• The single best way to remove dangerous toxins from the body
• Why a trip to the dentist may save your life
• and much more…