Fake Breast Cancer News from the American Cancer Society
“We do not know of any epidemiologic studies published in scientific journals that suggest bras directly contribute to breast cancer risk or that lymphatic compression by bras might cause breast cancer.” [source]
“According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), there are no scientifically valid studies that show wearing underwire bras causes cancer. The ACS adds it is not aware of any epidemiologic studies published in scientific journals that suggest wearing any type of bra directly contributes to breast cancer risk.” (source)
“The American Cancer Society conducted a study of more than 1,500 women that found no association of bra use and breast cancer risk.” (source)
1. Wearing a Tight Bra for Many Hours a Day is Associated with Increased Risk of Breast Cancer
Adv Oncol Res Treat 1: 105.
2. Comparative study of breast cancer risk factors at Kenyatta National Hospital and the Nairobi Hospital
J. Afr. Cancer (2015) 7:41-46
3. Bra linked to breast cancer.
4. [A case-control study on risk factors of female breast cancer in Zhejiang province].
5. Breast size, handedness and breast cancer risk.