Results for Apple

6 Health Benefits of Rutin, and Where to Find It

Rutin is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory powerhouse found in a variety of delicious food that may boost your health via multiple avenues, from promoting healthy circulation to providing pain relief

Rutin is one of about 4,000 types of flavonoids that are found abundantly in plants. Also known as rutoside and vitamin P, rutin is a flavonol that acts as an active constituent in tea leaves, apples, buckwheat, most citrus fruits and passion flower, for example, with nutraceutical effects that have been valued since ancient times.[i]

An Apple A Day Really Can Keep the Doctor Away - Here's Why

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away"--this timeless proverb underscores the powerful health benefits contained within each apple's crisp, tart bite. As both a global cultural icon and a nutritious dietary staple, the apple has sustained its enduring popularity through the ages not only for its convenience and taste, but also its ability to impart wellness. With origins tracing back to the ancient Silk Road, modern science continues unraveling how compounds within apples equip our bodies to thrive.

Apple Extracts Remove Radiation: Chernobyl Survivors Show Protection Potential Amid Nuclear Fears

When nuclear disasters expose millions to stealth health hazards, scientists race to uncover protective solutions in one of the most easily accessible, safe, and affordable foods that Nature provides humanity: apples

Study Type : In Vitro Study
Additional Links
Substances : Apple
Additional Keywords : Microbiota : CK(1256) : AC(346)

Boost Your Cardiometabolic Health With 5 Delicious Treats

Choosing foods that are good for you doesn't have to be a chore. These five foods are as tasty as they are beneficial for improving your cardiometabolic health

Only 6.8% of U.S. adults have optimal cardiometabolic health, which means the remaining 93.2% do not, instead belonging to the majority whose cardiometabolic health has been "poor and worsening" since 2000.[i]

Study Type : In Vitro Study, Plant Study
Additional Links
Substances : Apple
Therapeutic Actions : Cryotherapy : CK(366) : AC(48)
Additional Keywords : Plant Disease

Five Top Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar

Learn five health benefits you can get from apple cider vinegar, used since time immemorial for a range of therapies, from wound healing to shedding excess pounds

There isn't a shortage of stories around the therapeutic effects of apple cider vinegar (ACV), from weight management to disease prevention and treatment. This popular home remedy has also been used for hundreds of years in the kitchen as a cooking ingredient.

FOOD AS INFORMATION: Living Water, Epigenetic Pathways, and the Wisdom of the Ancestral Diet

Food delivers powerful healing properties that scientists have spent decades analyzing in detail.

This website is for information purposes only. By providing the information contained herein we are not diagnosing, treating, curing, mitigating, or preventing any type of disease or medical condition. Before beginning any type of natural, integrative or conventional treatment regimen, it is advisable to seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.

© Copyright 2008-2024 GreenMedInfo.com, Journal Articles copyright of original owners, MeSH copyright NLM.